Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Heading to Utah: Currently ride a Lib Tech TRS 154. Ok for powder?

5K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  sixpoint 
#1 ·
I am 5'7" 180 pounds. Love this board for the east coast but don't want to be under gunned if we can some good snow on this trip. Considering a Jones Flagship and going a little longer.

Any other boards to suggest that would be good for east coast ice and also powder on the occasional trip?

#7 ·
Which TRS? There is the older camber one that I have. The BTX TRS that is just center rockered and the C2BTX TRS that has camber on the outside. The camber one I would be looking for a different board. The BTX one I would say you will be fine. The C2BTX one I would say your fine but try some set back on the bindings.

#9 · (Edited)
I'm 180# and 155 is my groomer and can handle up to about 8", 158/9 is for about 8-16" and 164 is for 14"+. Rent a pow board if the conditions call for it. If your board is a banana profile, it will work for a bit deeper but it will also tend to fold up instead of planing in the deep when you need to be on the nose or tail....at least what my 159 skate banana would do so got rid of it.

#13 · (Edited)
Get out here , 4 feet of fresh between last Friday night and this upcoming Wednesday morning, I took Wednesday morning off of work....so stoked today was killer first cliff drop of the year and waist shots all morning long without ever standing in a lift line, was eating breakfast and drinkin bloodies by 1pm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.