Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #118 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingsonnets View Post
And if everyone carried a gun everywhere they go bc they are afraid something or someone will do something like this...it wouldnt be a good thing....it would be an accident waiting to happen...people on edge ALL THE TIME ready to fire is not something i wanna be around....

I really cannot comment on anymore you said bc your missing the point of my post and explaining it would take too much energy bc it seems ur mind is made up and on the defense....

I hear gun shots and sirens and ambulances everyday...i grew up that way being from the philly neighborhood of kensington.....we have senseless violence everyday...pull up our murder numbers and it rises every year w this year most likely hitting almost 400....

Why would this not be a good thing??
Many people carry and nothing ever happens to them or that they need to use it.
Where are the articles of a person carrying a gun and stopping and shooting up a drug house. Your so worried about average citizens how about all the drug dealers, armed robberies, rapes, car jacking done with handguns. We have been desensitized to these figures because they are every day events all over our country. Many more crimes of these types happen daily without being on the news as it is common place now. These are criminals with guns!!!
This recent tragedy is becoming less rare and more publicized and truly an issue, not sure how it gets addressed but the everyday crime with a gun by criminals far out weighs average Americans that own handguns or even assault type weapons.

There is no scientific proof or statistical data that is accredited that says an armed society of law bidding citizens increases crime or random acts of violence. I haven't even found data stating that it has reduced crimes significantly or enough to mention other than in passing or as a talking point.

With that said and your point that your own upbringing in Philly saw major violence and a murder rate on the rise to this date and one of the highest in the country. You feel you would not be safer with a firearm in your pocession???

Not flaming simply asking, have you shot a handgun before and do would you feel comfortable owning one?? Many people just are afraid of them not ever having held, shot, or been familiarized with them, PROPERLY of course.

Last edited by slyder; 12-15-2012 at 09:48 AM.