Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #120 (permalink)
Howlingsonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post

Why would this not be a good thing??
Many people carry and nothing ever happens to them or that they need to use it.
Where are the articles of a person carrying a gun and stopping and shooting up a drug house.

There is no scientific proof or statistical data that is accredited that says an armed society of law bidding citizens increases crime or random acts of violence. I haven't even found data stating that it has reduced crimes significantly or enough to mention other than in passing or as a talking point.

With that said and your point that your own upbringing in Philly saw major violence and a murder rate on the rise to this date and one of the highest in the country. You feel you would not be safer with a firearm in your pocession???

Not flaming simply asking, have you shot a handgun before and do would you feel comfortable owning one?? Many people just are afraid of them not ever having held, shot, or been familiarized with them, PROPERLY of course.
to answer ur question i have shot guns at the range...for safety i wanted to learn and was planning on getting a permit....ive done fine the last 27yrs wo one..i carry a switch instead....just bc of this incident doesnt make me run out get a permit and buy a .38.....

And know everything i said was opinion and never stated as fact about violence increasing if everyone carried BUT one wonders if its this high now what if everyone did carry? How much more of an increase? No facts stated just opinion...

And yea i know ur not flaming hahha i can tell by how you wrote....i take no offense to peoples opinions or debates its when they make no sense makes me wanna disengage and go off to another thread about bindings and helmets....