Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ducking Ropes...
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #26 (permalink)
StreetDoc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
...and as it relates to what the patrol said about riding where these guys were, I presume "deadfall's" refers to submarining the nose of your snowboard under a fallen log while the rest of you goes "Over?" Essentially,.. cutting you off at the knees??
yes which is why I said I felt it was impossible are at least highly unprobable.... I've been riding for 15 years lol... come on. Of course there are going to be the posters that believe "YERRRR GONNNA DIE!" for riding 5' the other side of a rope but whatever. I'm an adult and if that's the choice I want to make I will be paying the consequence. I would gladly sign a waiver stating don't come and find me if I submarine myself under a dead tree and am not able to self rescue if it meant I could duck ropes without consequence. I have a little avalanche training, but not enough yet... it's coming though. I don't ride the back country. In the past when I have ducked ropes I'd say I'm always within 20' of it (including this occassion.)
StreetDoc is offline   Reply With Quote