Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Virus Avalanche FLP AFT: Initial thoughts
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
Looking forward to seeing your thoughts after you get some time in the trees and powder.

The K-Ride shipped today, so I should have some time on it next weekend.
SWEET! I still feel like e-mailing them to see if they have a 158 left... Can't wait to hear what you think of the Kessler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
So, you got 2 fancy-pantsers?

Searching for Avalanche FLP 156 , and the FLP AFT 160 brings up pictures of the same board. Or it appears that way to me.
Come on Timmy I couldn't get two fancy pantsers or you'd have to get 14 Palmers! I got all the group buy boards sent to my house, so at the moment I've got two FLP AFT 160s, one FLP 156, and one Tantalus II Evo III under my roof.

Here's the difference between the FLP (left) and the FLP AFT (middle): You can see the FLP has a traditional twin tip "hourglass" type shape, while the FLP AFT has a much more square boardercross type shape. Both boards are cambered, with the contact points about the same, but the effective edge on the AFT is almost 20 cm longer... It'll be a very different ride.

poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote