Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Virus Avalanche FLP AFT: Initial thoughts
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
I feel like we just went back to 1988 in this thread.. Did the delivery guy drop those off in a nuclear powered Delorean?
Lol man when I hit 88 MPH on that board, watch out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
Any links to manufacturer, where to buy, price?
Looking for a competition board for my sons BX races.
Crap I just had a group buy last month, was 30% off the going rates. Here's the link to the manufacturer. I think their best BX board is the UFC.

virus

They're not cheap though. That board is 1200 Euro plus about 150 Euro shipping. TLN was saying you can get the German VAT back in the states and that's 19% so you might be able to get it for about 1000 Euro plus shipping.

Also there's a guy that has a couple for sale used/new not used on another forum, I could send you his contact info. I think he's in the Western states somewhere...

From what I've seen, most intense competitors use Oxess or Kessler BX boards which are even more expensive.

Kessler Ski & Snowboards <-those are $1500 CAD or so in Canada, not sure if they have a US distributor anymore.

Snowboardcross <- those are 1600 EURO plus shipping!

I got my Avalanche FLP AFT for $1085 CAD with shipping, plus tax and duty here in Canada, so it came out to about $1240 or so... I think it would make a decent BX board, but it's made with more carbon fibre and kevlar, where the Kesslers and Oxess boards have a metal layer in them methinks. Some say it's better, but others have had delamination and bending issues with the titanal boards.

Another option might be to buy a used BX board from a competitor? Snowboard Canada sells their used boards in the spring, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the US teams do the same thing.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote