Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

NS SL vs Smokin Superpark

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Thom 
#1 ·
Which is better for me?

I'm a 1m72/68Kg intermediate. Park 20%, jibbing 20%, 30% groomers, 30% pow.

That's a quick estimating ofcourse, just to give you guys a general idea. I wanted a playful board that's flexible and light enough to make uop for my not-so-great freestyle/park skills and dito ground tricks. On a good pow season I try to ride as much pow as I can, but usually that 30% is as good as it gets. No real jumping worth mensioning, just small kickers, the occasional 180, etc...

I thought I found what I needed in the Smokin' superpark, as a slightly less pricey alternative for a libtech TRS...But the damn online shop send me the traditional camber version instead of the ctx version I ordered. So it's on it's way back, and I'm back to square one:(

I thought Never Summer, and even libtech, would be over my budget, but I just found a NS 153 SL online for not much more than what the Superpark would have cost me.

-The SL is one cm monger than the smokin' superpark, which I consider to be a VERY slight advantage considering my weight and love for pow:)
-The SL is slightly setback, which could also come in handy for the gnarly backcountry trip I'm planning:)
-Sick graphics. Simple, but cool imo. Superpark: Not so much:)

Anything else I'm overlooking in terms of specs/tech? I don't suppose any of the two stands out in terms of overal quality? Also: Magnatraction vs vario power grip:dunno:?

Btw, If I manage to track down another Superpark CTX in the EU, it'll cost me at least as much as this SL I just spotted, so they should be around the same price point.

Thanks a lot.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Thanks. I just figured the Never Summer is a tiny little bit more suited for all-mountain riding, pow, etc.

The Superpark is a true twin, so it might be a little bit easier to ride switch.

Other than that, both bords seem pretty equal in terms of tech/specs.

Not sure if Smokin's super duper warranty is worth much if you live in Europe and can't deal directly with the peeps at Smokin'.
NeverSummer's 3yr warranty isn't too shabby either, so...:dunno:

Right now I can get a 2012 SL for less than what I can find a Superpark CTX in my size for. I'm gonna sleep on it, look around online for a while for the last time, and then I'll place my order for whichever cheapest hybrid camber board I can find that has some sort of magnetraction and fancy damping technology:)

Aside from these two boards and the Lib Tech TRS, I've been looking at the Forum Agent Rocker too btw, but it's not particularly cheaper as the options I'm looking at right now, so I'm not gonna complicate things even more:)

#7 ·
That's sorta the reason I visit this place from time to time. There's no way for me to actually try anything out for myself, sales talk and supposedly unbiased reviews are all I can go on:dunno:

You're rid of me btw, I just pulled the trigger on the NS board.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.