Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #308 (permalink)
ARSENALFAN
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Unhappy

I understand the allure of a handgun. I always thought it would be kind of neat to have one. As Snowwolf pointed out, I thought it would be excellent to have one when fly fishing in Grizzly territory instead of carrying around the Remington Marine Magnum 12 guage I used to have. But they will never allow us to carry handguns in Canada so it is a mute point. We have to get a special licence, keep it locked in a case, and call the government to tell them which firing range we are going to, what time we are leaving and when we will be returning. If you mess up, your in real trouble. I now carry pepper spray but had a discussion with a friend earlier this year about getting another shotgun. I just became emotionally charged when I heard about this latest shooting and went off. I can't wrap my mind around what happened nor can I wrap my mind around how easy it is to get a gun in the US and whether there really is a need for citizens to be armed like they are. Fewer guns has to mean fewer deaths, but I understand why law abiding citizens get pissed thinking about the government slapping bans on handguns. I just think this may be the point where some freedom is given up in hopes of a safer country. I will be praying for the families tonight. What beautiful innocent children they were.