Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - haha you silly skier :3
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
Bones
Veteran Member

I ride with a fairly large group that's about 50/50 skiers and boarders. There's always some change in the group's composition trip to trip so I do get to ride with skiers who have never ridden with boarders. And we all know each other from other groups/sports so there isn't much of an elitist attitude (if there is then your name quietly disappears from the email list)

What I've noticed is that skiers have to be "taught" about boarders. Once things are explained, they all get it and relax. Simple things like how/why we choose where to strap in, where to stop/pause on a trail, that we have a blind spot. why some want an outside seat on the lift, why we don't "wait up", etc.

I've also found that quite a few skiers just have never thought about how a boarder has to think their way around the mountain. I'm not talking about picking a line, I'm talking about having to carry speed for upcoming flats, etc.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote