Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #203 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Snowolf, well spoken points as usual.

My opinion on the magazine capacity varies and you/others make solid points for limitations. Again I'm on the fence here no specific reason really....
With all that mentioned, speed loaders for revolvers are quite quick to reload. Yes a delay and that 10 seconds could mean the bad guy being dead from police or civilian.

Handguns and rifles are a much faster reload as you obviously know. I"m not sure how much a magazine limit would help. The Columbine shooting the kid had thirteen 10-round magazines, where he fired about a 100 rounds.
Again I don't have a strong or rational point here just reading, pondering the possible solutions, and praying for the families.

The shooting close to my own city opened eyes even though it was on a much smaller scale and really stemmed from a domestic situation. Much like many of these mass shootings seem to stem from an issue in ones personal life, bullying, divorce, job loss. Some of these people owned the guns others bought them off the streets.
As many have stated there needs to be a multifaceted approach as one solution/rule/law is not the answer.
Will schools and malls now be locked down in security like airports??? Could this be coming, I don't know....

Kinda rambling no real solid input or structure from me on this one.