Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Please help in picking my board!!!

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  corneilli 
#1 ·
Whats up guys, new to the forum but hoping to find a little help....

My brother just moved to Aspen and I have 2 trips already planned before march to visit him. I have been snowboarding for probably 1-2 weeks every year for the last 5 years so I am pretty comfortable but excited to have the opportunity to go more now to visit my brother and I decided its time to invest in my own board!

My budget is right at about $350 and have found some decent options I believe in the right size. Being in the south they are all virtually unused and have narrowed it down to 3 and want some help deciding from you guys who have more experience with this...

1. 2011 burton TWC standard. The Shaun white board with Burton freestyle bindings and motto boots

2. 2008 Burton blunt board also with freestyle bindings. No boots

3. My favorite and my pick I think... 2012 gnu Forest bailey pro. Flux bindings and burton ruler boots.

These are all right at 300 and I think I'm getting the best technology for the money with the gnu but my only concern is I don't want to be getting too much board still being a pretty intermediate rider..

My riding style is mainly groomers on and off the trails and just popping off everything I can.. If that's a style? Haha let me know what y'all think! Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
To be honest, I also bought a board and I have about the same experience as you (in years although). I bought the Burton Clash, with customs and motto boots. I liked riding it so far BUT I only bought it because my budget didn't allowed anything else and I got 10 % of the whole setup, including a travelbag. So, with other words, your budget can keep you down in progressing because you are already more then a beginner and you're buying a beginners board (I did it too, regretting it now, if i knew I earned a little bit more money and went buying a better board).

The Burton boards you're looking at are for beginners, I don't know about the GNU. But I'm sure more experienced people on this forum can help you with picking the board. Also, first look at the boots, then the bindings and then the board, and do it in exactly this order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.