Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #334 (permalink)
Bones
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleev-les View Post
Your first point.. So would a background check if it is something on record. If its not on record and you snap, reccurring checks still don't eliminate that with yearly checks. It WILL however, deter, to a degree.
Obviously, recurring checks aren't a perfect solution as they cannot catch every unbalanced person. They can, however, catch many more than merely doing nothing.

Quote:
Your second point, I should have clarified.. Its already restricted yes, but don't put it into a further chokehold.
Why not?

Quote:
This goes back to my point of someone how is set on committing an atrosity will commit that atrosity with whatever means possible. If he doesn't have a gun, he will find another way.
So your answer is to do nothing and give them an easy means to commit an atrocity?

For every Timothy McVey who is willing to plan for months, how many gun deaths are committed in the heat of the moment would be eliminated?

Quote:
There are black market guns now, and it will be worse in this country if a ban occurs in my opinion.
While I respect to your right to hold any opinion you like, opinions are not facts. The significantly lower rate of gun deaths and guns used in crimes in countries with gun restrictions is a fact.

Frankly the need for every drunk, jealous ex-husband to find a Mexican smuggler would be an excellent deterrent.