Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #352 (permalink)
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleev-les View Post
I respect change, not abolishment. If they want to put some tools in place to lower the risk of the nuts getting guns, thats fine. I even said earlier I'd be fine with going for a permit renew every x amount of years or whatever the method be to help that. Taking away core rights is what I am firmly against just because a fraction of a percent ruin the majority abiding the laws. When you look at sheer statistics, taking everyones guns doesn't solve the problem. Looking at me like I'm the bad guy because I have an assault rifle for sport is no more than a biased and jaded opinion that has been composed because of a few bad apples.

To be fair, I never said abolish or throw it your constitution. However, your perception is your reality.

And it's true, and it sucks. You think this is the first time one person has ruined it for the majority? You've got to realise that there are things that you can live without, if it's going to help save the lives of hundreds of innocent children in the future. There are always going to be things that change because the minority whine about it, and sometimes, it's not right to give in to it. But this time, it's important.