Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Dakine Cobra experiences v.
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
lachyzee

Default Dakine Cobra experiences v.

Hey all,

I've been tossing up between this glove and the universally well-reviewed Titan.

Read all the reviews I can come up with on the internet, it seems like most have had pretty good experience.

It is certainly less "feature full" than the Titan but looks miles better IMO (yes, I know I should really go for function over looks ). The Titan just seems so bulky.

My concerns are:

-Durability of the leather
-Lack of removable liner -my hands never get super cold (hence I think the Dakine Titan would be almost over-kill since I doubt I'd use the liner that often), but I do like being able to have something covering my hands when I use my phone on lifts etc.
-It seems there is no way to connect the gloves to the jacket or wrist so that they don't fall off if you remove them: is this correct?

The sizing chart puts me on the lower size of an L (and everyone says these fit a bit small anyway), so I am hoping that, if necessary, I could add an aftermarket liner to the Cobras (perhaps a Burton touchscreen liner) - although I'd be a bit afraid to pull them off on a chair with no way to secure them to my wrist.

Anyway, if you have owned these gloves for a while, what are your thoughts on them?

Cheers in advance

*edit

Seems like the POW Stealth GTX is probably the most comparable competition to the Cobra, so any experience with that would be appreciated as well.

Last edited by lachyzee; 12-16-2012 at 06:37 PM.
lachyzee is offline   Reply With Quote