Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - $100,000 Donated to Build Brand New Park at Home Mountain
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

Default $100,000 Donated to Build Brand New Park at Home Mountain

After having one of the smallest terrain parks of any resort I have been to for as long as I can remember, my home mountain of Bogus Basin got a huge $100,000 donation to completely redo the terrain park, the new park will be a full top to bottom terrain park covering multiple runs. Super excited! This was the park before, it was the little orange box up at the top of the deer point lift, that's it. It had about 3 jumps on one line and a short rail/box on another line with 7 or 8 hits.

This is going to be the new terrain park this year!

According to the article, the park will be 50 acres and have a 1300 ft vert drop. It will have "jumps, moguls, rollers, rails, stashes and an off-trail feature with stump bonks and log slides. The park is officially called the Mtn Dew Terrain Park, after its key sponsor."

"The foundationís gift will allow Bogus to purchase 10 new features, rebuild 10 existing features, light both sides of Mambo Meadows, and increase grooming time and personnel at the park. The lighting project will be done in the summer."

The actual move of the park and the expansion of the size making it top to bottom is the best thing they could have done. Before you just rode through the park for less than half the hill and had to ride down the other half of the hill on an icy open face.

Should be opening up within the next 5 days as well, so they can start putting in the features soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote