Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Summit County Or Bust
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harolddd

Default Summit County Or Bust

Here is the deal. I was planning on going to Colorado with a friend of mine right after my school got out this week, but he just backed out. So I am just considering saying fuck it and just heading out there myself. I have family in Colorado springs but that isn't the greatest because I have an epic pass.

I am trying to make it summit county and have friends coming to town in the beginning of January so I would have a place to stay and a ride back once they got there. My issues are getting out there and where I would stay once I got out there. I am looking at my local Craigslist rideshare page to try find someone that is heading that way so gas wouldn't be as expensive. I had another idea about hitching a ride with a trucker that was making a run out west but don't know how that would work out or if they ever do that sort of thing. I even am considering hitch hiking my way out there haha.

As far as having some place to stay, I have thought about sleeping in a car if I drove with someone else but thats about the best idea I have going for me right now. I just heard about some couch surfing program online but don't know how legit that would be. I also heard that their are some random cabins on the nature preserves out there but again it's just something I heard so have no idea if there is any truth to this.

Still trying to recruit another friend because adventures are always better with company but none of my friends appear to want to have an adventure. If anyone has any advice, let me know haha

If you don't want to read that monster of a mess up there here it is short and sweet

Trying to go to summit county and bum it out for 4-9 days til some of my friends arrive. Issues with travel and lodging.

Has anyone hitch hiked?
Is hitching a ride with a truck driver making a run west possible?
Anyone used the website couch surfing?
Are there abandoned cabins on the nature reserve?
Where to stay in summit county for next to nothing?
Is pitching a tent possible in weather like this?
Harolddd is offline   Reply With Quote