Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Heli Pack w/ Camelbak?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
That's fine, but for about the same price I can get a much stronger reservoir. The thing I personally don't like about the Hydrapack reservoir is the seal on top, which is prone to release easily with too much pressure on the reservoir.

Check out the videos here, in which this guy tests the main reservoir from each brand fr durability.
We put 8 hydration systems through the Grinder | Military Times GearScout

Unfortunately, the Hydrapack did the worst in the test. It just burst open the second he dropped the first bag on it.
I'm worried that the same thing would happen with mine if I were to slam on my back.
That's why I'm asking if the Camelbak Antidote mouthpiece fits inside the sleeve on a Dakine pack, because overall it did better than the others (the production version in the 2nd video- the one in the first video was a prototype so he later tried the final product to be fair).
Saw the link in your first post, but did not read through it all (let alone watch the videos). Just speaking from my personal experience.
My Hydrapak (although it feels a bit flimsy) is much tougher than my Camelbak. Never had any problems with leaks or similar - and I have taken a tumble down the side of good-size hill while biking, falling on my back several times in the process and the only leakage was a few drops from the mouthpiece.
My Camelbak is pretty much retired, I only use it when my Hydrapak is not available or for 'messy' contents.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote