Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your spot on chairlift
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #33 (permalink)
ig88

Thanks for all you guys for the invaluable advises. I have learnt a lot from all the responding posts.

Last week I had my first riding days of this season. I took all you guys' advises into consideration and I think I am very comfortable unloading from the chairlift now. The first few attempts I just told myself to brave it out. This made a whole world of difference in my head. I did not fall even just for once over 4 days of getting off the chairlift. On several occasions I even helped adjacent riders/ skiers to steady themselves as they unloaded.

The other thing I noticed was that I wasn't doing much at all this season and I easily managed to ride away from the chairlift. I suspected it's because I waxed my board for this season and the stick just glided forward without any effort. Last season my board just stay put on the landing and I had to scramble to push the chairlift behind me to propel me forward.

Thanks everybody who gave me their personal insights into how to handle getting off chairlifts. Much appreciated. Cheers.
ig88 is offline   Reply With Quote