Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Binding Footbed length too short for boot? (pics incl)
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gdog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by iinkinpark10 View Post
shredshop.com

they have a shop right by me. I will probably just take them in. Its weird I feel fine without any unease under my toe when I put them on the board.
Yeah just take them to the shop and exchange for a large.
After riding with them for a while, you probably will feel odd pressure and the sole of your boots could flex upward on the edge of the footbed if they're that far back, depending on how soft or stiff you boots are. You might be able to see what I mean if you mount them and lean forward on you toe side.
That's what happened with me on my last bindings, which were too small for me.

As for the straps, the pads should be centered over the boot and there should only be about 4-7 teeth showing on the ladders, but that really depends on how high your boots are.
Also, you don't want the toe straps all the way forward, directly on the front of your boots. That can cause toe drag. They should either be capped over the downward curve of the toe section on the boot, (diagonally from the side view) or completely on top of the toe section.
You can do this by moving the strap and ladder from the front slots into the back slots underneath the baseplate for each binding.

Last edited by Gdog42; 12-16-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote