Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: Proto CT on Japanese snow
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
dreampow
Veteran Member

Have some more time on this board now so I thought I'd update.

Firstly the powder performance is way better than I thought. I have been in up to 1 meter of fresh and as long as its not too flat the board floats with ease.

I did set back a little that day but even so I was able to ride switch a little in the powder and do 180s and powder butters.

I am 175lbs and I ride the 157. Definitely way more float than my old 161 posi camber with a full setback. Also way more float than my old 2011 ride highlife (158). No sore back leg at the end of a full day in powder.

Because its not the dampest board you get lots of feedback which is a bonus in the powder.

On some of the steeper slopes (40 degrees is the most I have been on) you feel the lack of rigidity and a little more stiffness would be ideal.

Especially on chopped up bumpy steeps you would rather be on a stiffer damper deck.

Still holds up well and you just have to ride with good control and technique when you get going fast on bumpy steeps.

Fortunately most of the conditions I ride are not bumpy and on smooth hard pack or powder it carves and turns extremely well.

Super easy to press and spin with and very playful all around.

Had a few knocks and the board especially the top sheet is proving to be bulletproof.

Really enjoying the board a lot and would like to try out more NS boards, especially the heritage.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote