Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your spot on chairlift
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #34 (permalink)
Clayton Bigsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
I used to dread getting off this, it was fun taking noobs up...they were shittin the pantz....I miss it. What you don't see is the short run out that extends about 25-30 feet to the right of the picture and you had to hang a sharp right or left and often there were people either walking through or stopped...98% balls.

Cant tell you how many times I slid down that chair ramp, the first ever MT BAKER banked slalom was under that chair, then they moved it over to the halfpipe. Years ago team Burton was up at BAKER filming a video and they filmed Keith Wallace or Brushie coming off of that chair, then he ollied up on to the left rail and grinded down it. BAKER always had some of the gnarliest ramps and for that we used to always reach down and buckle in while on the chair before unloading. Just south of this chair (#1) was a rope tow that the old school ski patrols would crank up the motor to see who could go up the mtn the fastest, someone on here might have the exact mph, but I want to say the winner was clocked at over 30 mph.

Last edited by Clayton Bigsby; 12-16-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Clayton Bigsby is offline   Reply With Quote