Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 06:06 AM   #367 (permalink)
Bones
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleev-les View Post
You take away the murders guns, he finds another method.
In some cases like Timothy McVey, you might be right. In other cases, like the school slasher in China, he attacks 32 and NO ONE DIES! In a high % of "crimes of passion" or "heat of the moment" crimes, they don't find another method, they cool off or sober up. This is actually backed up the crime numbers in the US: "illegal" death rates NOT involving a gun are actually fairly similar per capita to the rest of the world.

I appreciate your sentiments for some level of gun control and I appreciate your desire to retain your 2nd amendment rights. I'm enjoying the discussion regarding the role of guns in American culture vis a vis the 2nd amendment but please don't undermine your argument by trying to say that the murder rate wouldn't change or might increase if you had gun control. There is not one shred of evidence to support this.

MY problem with all of this can be summed up by the following quote:

"One failed attempt at a shoe bomb and we all take our shoes off at the airport. 31 school shootings since Columbine and no change in our regulation of guns."

Last edited by Bones; 12-17-2012 at 06:17 AM.