Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Flow Binding 2013 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #282 (permalink)
onefutui2e

glad to read that i'm not the only one with the issues highlighted.

i last used flows about 3 years ago (flite 2) before springing for the
NX2-GTs this year. like some others here, i'm always up to try new technology so i was pretty stoked.

the issue with the heel getting caught in the highback is kind of annoying, since i remembered on my flite 2s they provided me a sort of shoehorn is get my boot all the way in.

also, it seems like there's a chance that my boot gets caught on the cable screws on the inside of the binding (those green parts that stick out) which is also incredibly annoying. i have to pretty much perfectly place my boot in there to avoid any issues. the toe cap issue was kind of poor design on their part. the fact that it moves so much really should've called for a mechanism to lock it in, but unfortunately i don't see an option.

in order to get around them, i pretty much had to set them up so that they were snug, but not tight (which their manual explicitly recommends). it didn't eliminate all the issues but i had an easier time with them. but as a rider who likes to crank down the ratchets, it was definitely a different experience.

gonna give flow a call and see if there's anything they can do/suggest.
onefutui2e is offline   Reply With Quote