Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #289 (permalink)
PA n8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleev-les View Post
In the most recent event, it still bothers me that this kids mom didn't lock those weapons up knowing her son has issues. Thats where another part of the problem is. The growing neglect of parents. Guess what Im trying to say is that each day the variables grow that can add to someones ill nature. Its not just one problem, its a bunch of them.
This. It was pretty negligent of her to not have them properly secured. Having a child with issues these guns should have been stored securely and properly.

Honestly this should be a focal point. Instead of going after guns, educate people and show this is why weapons must be properly secured. This includes hunting knives and bows. This should be a moment that people evaluate how these items are stored and how to improved the safe storage of these items.

I am currently looking at getting a pistol soon and I have a sister that has a learning disability. I am going to make damn sure that she knows what it is and if for whatever reason she has to handle it she know how to do so safely.