Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #394 (permalink)
backstop13
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
These types of threads generate posts almost faster than you can read them, and it's pretty easy to miss entire blocks.

I don't actually expect us to come up with the answer. We're snowboarders right? But I think it's important to at least think about the problem as something that needs a solution and in principle has a solution.

I think the problem is the general public and politicians don't think like this though. They want to all ban guns or fight for no gun bans, but no one wants to address why white males are shooting places up. Is it phychosis?, is it video games and media?, etc. What else can be done to prevent these atrocities other than knee-jerk arguing over guns? Are there systems that can be put in place to prevent firearms and other dangerous items from falling into the hands of mentally unstable? Can better security be installed in our schools?

I think that's what we all need to be asking. There is a much deeper issue running here than just guns.