Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What are the best and worst snowboard brands?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
mikeinaus

as with anything most brands have high end gear and low end gear. low end gear is low end gear and is usually pretty crappy. you get what you pay for and alot of the time the brand name doesnt offer a huge difference in quality (some exceptions)

i tend to like different brands for different items:
for bindings ill never buy anything other then rides again. ive tried alot of different bindings and rides were the only ones that had the right feel (comfortable/stiff with great response). plus there made with high grade aluminum and are almost indestructible.

for boots im going to try salomon this year (ive herd alot of good things about there boots and they are super comfortable for my foot)

i had a burton board that lasted me a few seasons that i really liked, however i switched to a salomon powder snake this year as i got a great deal on it and i dont really like to ride much other then powder.

for outerwear im pretty flexible, i usually go with something that has a good fabric and good water proofing/breathability.

your best bet is to find gear that suits your needs then look up reviews online to fine tune your selection. any good snowboard store will be able to help you choose quality gear.
mikeinaus is offline   Reply With Quote