Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Begging for Help - New Guy 6`6/240lbs looking for Beginner Board !
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
ajax

Default Begging for Help - New Guy 6`6/240lbs looking for Beginner Board !

hey folks,

its nice to be here. first of all i want to introduce myself.
im wiktor , 20 years old from germany. im pretty noobish
at snowboarding, but good at skiiing. i already tried
snowboarding and i felt in love with it. way harder to learn
than skiing(my oppinion). i love challenging myself !

uhm so my point is : im looking for a beginner boad. i read alot
here and on german forums, but my conclusion was i couldnt help myself.
as longtime member in other forums i know how annoying are those threads:
beginner looking for.... xy or best equipment for... but i doubt that are much
or at least some threads considering my situation. so please forgive and help<3.

my parents bought a house in the mountain and we spend every xmas + 2 weeks on holydays in poland. not high end mountains but good enough to learn it.

so about my board.

i guess allmountain is the best option for my first board. i will spend probably 95% on the piste and with some practice i will try myself in the park/backcountry.

as already mentioned im 6`6 and about 240 pounds heavy ( not fat)
im very thankful to god that i have normal footsize / at least for my size:
US 12 / German 46.

I also need boots and bindings. im pretty sure i would favor soft boots over hard boots? or?

i did follow some guides on the net ( online shops )but i got the feeling the results are not real and online stores want to sell v. expensive stuff.. (700~euro boards for a beginner.. ilold)

... and i often read here :- a lot of cocky rider consider themself for being experts on equipment and i dont want to get fooled by those.

about my budget: being a student , but having 2 part time jobs and living humble (no drinking no partying etc.) i would spend ~1000 euros for boots bindings and a board.

i also want to add if its possible: it would be great if there are boards between beginner and average lvl. about sport: i take everything serious.. and practice alot .. but keeping it playfullly. i will spend everyday in the morning and in the evening practing.. i also organisized a tutor/teacher.*friend of mine, but he said go only on burton rest is shit) - what i try to say:
i dont want to buy next 1-2 years a new board cuz boarding on the old became boring(low speed ..)

i really want to appreciate everybody who s going to help me

best regards,

wiktor

:: sorry for my crap english :::
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote