Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #268 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMTNsteeze View Post
I had a knee deep day at Vail last season and another at Beaver Creek.

SUMMIT COUNTY IS IN A WINTER STORM ADVISORY

http://www.weather.com/weather/alert...=KBOU&etn=0021

I know warnings are way better, but this is good too. Wolf Creek is always getting more snow. I think they average around 400 inches and Keystone is around 300.
FYI Vail and Beave are not in Summit. I heard they had one or two righteous days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGreeNThumB420 View Post
should have went to wolf creek last year!...had 8 days down there and everytime was 18'' or better

Ill be at Love weds hope they open more trails by then
I shoulda been at Wolf Creek this week!!

I'm concerned with even being able to get there. Seriously considering driving up tomorow night and sleeping in the car or something. Trying to strategize....

Quote:
The main cold front will move across Colorado from Tuesday late evening through Wednesday morning. A perfect mix of factors will combine for very heavy snow (cold front, moisture, jet stream) and I would expect road closures on Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning as the front passes. It could snow 1-3 inches per hour as the front passes, and along with gusty winds visibility could go to near zero for a short time. That's usually all you need to close some roads, so if you're angling for a Wednesday powder day, either get to your location Tuesday evening or hope and pray that the roads stay open and traffic flows. This is more of a concern along I-70 and north, though areas further south could see issues as well. Also, if you're coming from Denver to the mountains, the metro area will see snow on Tuesday night as well, so if you wait until Wednesday morning to drive it could be a loooooooooong commute.

I don't mind going 30mph ...loveland is only 25min on dry roads from our meetup at the top of Floyd hill. But when the road is closed....0mph....FUCK!

Last edited by snowklinger; 12-17-2012 at 08:08 PM.
snowklinger is online now   Reply With Quote