Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #314 (permalink)
ThunderChunky
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER View Post
I hope this last tragedy will actually prompt a change in everybody's mind. and therefore an action under the form of a law, where NO ONE can own more than a gun, and background yearly checks to make it such a pain in the ass that takes ALL the "fun factor" out of it. Violence cannot be associated to fun. And weapons are the ultimate violence tool.

Crazy nut jobs are all over the world. Why here in US they manage to get a bulletproof vest and 3-4 automatic rifles? On regular basis???
You people don't listen. Bans like this have been tried. NOTHING changed. This is not going to solve the problem.

I now this is a gun control thread, this is what is meant to be discussed. But if you people really want this to stop happening you need to stop worrying about gun control, how parents raise their kids, and the media, and worry about the person to your left and right. Because that is the only way the world is going to change.

If we eliminate the cause of these shootings gun control will be a non-issue. Gun control is only a band-aid.

Like I said before "With freedom comes responsibility" If you want to live in a place where we are truly free AND safe we need to take responsibility. Every single one of us is responsible for the actions of our country.

Carry on, but gun control isn't going to fix this issue until the problem is addressed. And that is no piece of legislation, it's just old fashioned good people.