Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #412 (permalink)
PA n8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER View Post
I hope this last tragedy will actually prompt a change in everybody's mind. and therefore an action under the form of a law, where NO ONE can own more than a gun, and background yearly checks to make it such a pain in the ass that takes ALL the "fun factor" out of it. Violence cannot be associated to fun. And weapons are the ultimate violence tool.
One gun? So if I want a gun I need to choose between something for self defense, hunting, or target shooting? Guns are built to meet different parameters and situations. Just like a snowboard, you have a different gun based on what you want to do.

A couple weeks ago I went out to my friend's camp and we shot clay pigeons. This was an absolute blast, so much so that after borrowing my dad's shotgun I'm getting one for Christmas as a present. I'm sorry but I do associate guns with a "fun factor" going and shooting is an absolute blast. Shooting targets and different guns with friends is so much fun. The time I spent out at my camp hunting with my dad and other relatives I always enjoyed and will always remember.

If we want to stop associating violence with fun we better stop making a bunch of movies, tv shows, video games, and music. Good luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
My biggest fear is copy cat's.
I really wish the media would stop plastering the assholes that do these things on everything. I wish we would never know their names.

Last edited by PA n8; 12-17-2012 at 09:12 PM.