Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Set back?

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  EatMyTracers 
#1 ·
I am just wondering if I should set back my bindings since I will be going to mammoth from Saturday till Wednesday and it is looking like there will be some powder. This will be my first time riding real powder since I normally go to my local socal resorts so I have no experience with this. I have a rome reverb rocker with my bindings centered +15/-15. Is it worth setting back my bindings or is it not worth it?

#3 ·
Sort of true. But the reference setback (or lack thereof) is there for a reason: It properly centers/positions the rider in relation to the sidecut (and in some cases board flex etc.) in order to ride the board the way it was designed.
However, sometimes conditions or rider preferences mean it makes sense to deviate from the 'design' setting (for instance, adding/increasing setback for pow riding, especially if the board was not designed for it). Just be aware that it will affect things, especially for turns - turn initiations, edge engagement throughout the turn, etc.
As long as you do not overdo it (say, more than 1/2") you should be perfectly fine.

#7 ·
First off, I hate you....I was supposed to be in mammoth this week but had to cancel my trip. Sucks and Im super pissed.

but as an FYI there is a bench with tools at the top of chair ten as well as at all the lodges. I hate riding with tools or anything else in my pocket unless I have to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.