Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 01:00 AM   #341 (permalink)
cc898

Okay. Here is my take on the gun issue. I have and own several. My children know and respect them, as well as they respect life. If someone is not right, and or lost in this world, no amount of legislation is going to stop them from hurting themselves or someone else. Guns have become the scapegoat for a failing society. Parents need to get off their dead asses and parent. Stop trying to be a friend. Create and lead good solid human beings that know the difference between right and wrong....evil and good. If it means a spanking or saying no....by all means DO IT!!!! If that fails and you need help, please ask for it....seek it out.

The old addage that guns dont kill people does not hold up any more. Guns do kill, but only when the PERSON holding it intends for that to happen. Wake up! What rate of loss is acceptable? If we ban what the MEDIA labels as an assult rifle, they will use something else...hopefully not kill as many. But how many dead is too many?

You cannot and I mean cannot ban or control guns. Its that simple. Did it work during prohibition? Does it work with drugs? Is it not illegal to drive a car drunk? How about something as simple as pirating music? Ever hear of black markets? This needs to be addressed for sure, but lets look at the root cause and not the tools used. I own guns, I am not a criminal, I will not use them for evil, but there are those that do. We need to asking WHY!!!! Address that!