Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - burton vs gnu
Thread: burton vs gnu
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 02:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by beercrafter View Post
I'm 6'3" 275 lbs with a boot size of 12/13 (depending on brand). I ride a burton baron 172 right now, but I'm looking for a new board that is shorter. I want to be able to play around more on runs instead of bombing stuff all the time. I ride mostly groomers, tree runs and powder whenever I can get it. I go into the park on occasion.

I'm wondering how short I can go considering my weight. I have kinda narrowed my choice down to a burton custom flying v or a gnu rider's choice. They each come with a 162W and I'm wondering if that would work ok with my weight.

Also, how does the magne-traction compare to the frostbite edges? I live in MN so I typically deal with man-made crap and icy conditions, but I make trips out west when I can. I need something that will do well in powder/tree runs as well.

Thanks for your time
I really don't think you need to worry much about edge bite at 275 lbs. You are putting way more pressure into the snow than most of us. So I wouldn't worry too much about magne vs. frostbite.

Personally I would be looking at the Flow Rush 163w. One of the best all mountain twins I have ever been on. Flow's sidecuts are grippy and smooth, rolled base between the feet with the boob implants makes it super smooth, and tons of snap.
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote