Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ever had an injury or crash that made you consider quitting?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 03:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
oldmate

Op, that sounds like a real nasty fall. I pray I never have a fall like that.

My only major fall was when I'd been riding about 4 weeks in total. Was up the top of Lake Louise trying to keep up with a mate who was more skilled than I on a really icy section. Not off the top of the gondola, the lift to the skiers right, can't remember what it's called. Anyway, I was on my toe edge and managed to clip his board at a decent speed and managed to slam my head into the ice. (Wasn't wearing a helmet) for a split second I thought my days of riding were over. My mate suggested we go to the lodge and grab a band aid. I realised when riding down that wouldn't be enough as blood was streaming down my jacket. Got stitches that arvo, bought a helmet and was back into it the next day. Nasty black eye for the rest of my trip tho.

I'm always really fearful of taking a fall that ends my days of snowboarding. I guess that's why I'm not big on park. I think i'd rather take a fall that kills me, than to never be able to ride again.
oldmate is offline   Reply With Quote