Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - crampy feet
Thread: crampy feet
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
sheepstealer

Default crampy feet

Me: 5'11", 170 lbs. Size 9 boot.

I'm currently on my third year using Ride Jacksons.

Logged day number four of the season this past Sunday (I ride the northeast, not as lucky as you western-folks). My feet, especially in the mornings, were KILLING me. Lots of crampy, achy feelings. In both feet.

I'm flat footed, if that means anything. The Jackson's have the BOA system, but only the single "dial." I like the system, but I've found the if I don't tighten it enough, I get heel-lift after a couple of runs. But if I really crank on the dials, the cramping is worse, obviously. It's very hard to find that "sweet spot" and even if I do, I have to re-tighten the BOA after a couple of runs anyways because they loosen up.

I'm the type of dude that can push past this annoyance and keep riding but I'm getting tired of it. I've felt this in the past but its definitely worse this year. Is it time for new boots? Or insoles?

I guess I kind of answered my own question and I should get new boots, but just wanted to see what you guys thought. Is this a boot issue or are my feet muscles still getting warmed up to riding?
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote