Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #364 (permalink)
cc898

The last few pages have shown some very logical and well thought out points of view......thank you guys for that!

I also want to state, that while I do agree with most of what you all are saying, in one form or another, some of it just wont hold water until our society as a whole is willing to change. Yes, it seems to be a case where few may hold sway over the many. I personally do not own an M4, nor do I see a clear reason fo me to do so. I am not sure I can accept the idea of a total ban on M4 type weapons because its the soup de jour for some criminals. Where would that one end?

As I have said before, I have no problem with a background check, no worries. I have no problem with restrictions, but lets be serious, limiting magazine capacity simply means you carry more magazines. Have you seen anyone who is even semi efficient do a rapid reload? It takes less than 2 seconds. I am not saying it should not be done, I am saying that I do not see it as a very good fix.

Evolving into a state of not wanting to own guns is an interesting way to look at it. Makes me feel like we are being sheparded. I stand by my statement that you simply cannot control(restrict maybe) something that people really desire to have.....there is way too much $$$ in it. Legal enterprise or not. All around the world, when pepole want to get their hands on something badly enough they seem to find a way to make it happen. Human nature I guess.