Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Binding Footbed length too short for boot? (pics incl)
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
iinkinpark10

Really appreciating all the feedback. I took the bindings into my local shop (not where I actually got the bindings from). Just so happened that one of the guys working rides this years forum bindings. He has a 10.5 boot with the Medium bindings. He went through the same process. Got mediums was unsure so switched to the large size. After trying them out he was having to set everything at the lowest setting and tightening the straps down to lowest setting. He went back to the mediums and hasn't had a problem.

We can lay my board almost completly on its side and the toe will just about touch the carpet. I had the board on and all strapped in and was able to transfer weight with ease from the back to front and did not feel like I was pressing on nothing because of a possibly too short toe ramp.

Two things he changed on the my set up: 1) He corrected my toe strap so it laid across the front of my boot properly. Even though I thought I changed this he moved which slot the strap locked into within the binding to make it easier to lay across the front top half of the toe only. 2) We got the heel lock to be set all the way back. That did change a few cm's for me on the footbed.

Also what he described (which hope I'm describing properly also its good information) was that when moving from heel to toe you want to roll. Similar to a pressing on the gas pedal of a car. So I want the balls of my feet to be sitting on top of the toe ramp so I can get the response to the board like it should. Which then came to show that I have extremely long toes so thats why my boot is so big (sorry for the visual) because I have not only the balls of my feet on the toe ramp but my toes reach back to it as well. So all that extra boot is toe room plus the boot is thick up front.

This sound about right?
iinkinpark10 is offline   Reply With Quote