Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
post #2461 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 12:27 PM
ankkassa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE=chomps1211;553840]Hey Guys,

Found out I won the WiredSports Rome Garage Rocker X-Mas stoker!!! ...and to say the least, ...I'M STOKED!!!

Longest one they had was 159cm. It's a Flat-rocker board and since I've only been learning/riding my Arbor 163W Cambered deck, I was wondering if there's anything in particular I should "get a clue" about before I ride this board for the first time? (...not even sure if with a Rocker'd Board, If I should've gone with something shorter than 159?)

I presume it's going to feel a bit "squirrelly" by comparison? Looser in the straights kinda thing? The specs for the board say I should be in the fit range for the 159 @ 6ft. 225-50 lb. It's going to be a softer flexing board? right? How's it going to compare in the turns on our wonderful MI Hard Pack? (...read slab ice!)

I know some of you guy's, DaveZ, Leo, & some others I've read in our MI section ride a lot of different types of boards, and since this board would seem to be completely different than what I've been learning on, I was hoping you could give me a heads up or a Head start on anything important I should know b4 I slap it down on the snow!

Thanks!! (...ps. I also asked them to ship some Winter along with the board!!!) [/QUOTE
your going to love rome boards i have a reverb wide and i love it to death and i garuntee that even if it wasnt free you would still love the board