Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Considering a Bataleon Goliath - TBT has me nervous
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
RickB

i went with the 58w (even though i dont need wide technically) i'm a lot bigger than you, but i wanted something short (for me) and playful.

i'm sure you could handle the same 158, but maybe shorter would be a lil better?

my take on bataleon/tbt. flat out love it. I had taken a pretty long break from riding and when i came back to it i was blown away by all the reverse camber shi going on. it was fascinating to read about. to make my return to snowboarding i bought a ride slackcountry (i had notions of cherry picking the best days for powder) and did not like it. Probably too much rocker for me.
i got an insider deal on it and it was still super new that i sold it with no problems. I demo'd some other rocker boards and didnt really get along with them either. Started reading up on bataleon and watched their videos and mentally i had already drank the coolaid. Bought a 161w TheJam from the classifieds here. Getting off the lift for the first time was awkward, and the first 1/2 of my first run i thought i had made a big mistake, but by the time i got to the bottom i was completely sold. A few more runs that first day and i felt that i'd never want another style of board. Had never had a board sooo quick edge to edge and super stable carving. (the whatever i have is not as much of a badass as the Jam, but its a winner for me just the same)
I love the feeling of being able to rail a turn and have that camber to push agains/rebound out of into the next turn.

/tldr i have a full hard on for tbt

your results may vary but its worth a try
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote