Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ever had an injury or crash that made you consider quitting?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Argo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

What was the injury alaric?

I broke my leg in Jan and had surgery the same day. I could not wait to gets on the board again. 9 weeks later I got back on it. I didn't want to wait, just to get over that mental block before the season ended. I got 10 more days in before the season finished. I have been injured multiple times and have had a few good high speed wipe outs. I keep a short term and long term disability policy as well as life insurance. That STd policy sure did help in Jan.....

I ride a litle more in control and am more calculating with my rides and I will no longer ride if I'm not feeling 95% physically and mentally.... I coule have 50 days this year but I have held myself off the mountain if I'm tired or feel slightly ill. Still have 35 days of riding in.

Play it safe for a while, tone down your riding. Push yourself to get over that mental block. Remember you can die doing what you love or getting hit by a drunk driver tonight.... When it's your time, it's your time
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote