Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Considering a Bataleon Goliath - TBT has me nervous
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
phony_stark
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jza View Post
That is a personal opinion but a completely false one at that... TBT actually allows you to NOT have to have the board at as high of an angle to engage your full edge. The boards flex us also what helps you engage the full edge.

Fuck the haters. TBT is The Best Technology that has been used in boards since a metal edge. If you are scared to try it, try it. Go in with an open mind and dont chuck it after one run. It will feel weird at first, but you will adapt to it just like you would with any new board.

If you are comfortable with your riding TBT should never cause any troubles for you. I've ridden mine in all kinds of conditions and the only time I've felt "squirrel-e" on it is when I am on a flat and going slow because with any board no matter if it V rocker, flying v, fat kick, flat dick, semi circle whatever tech some companies are coming out with these days they go with the fall line.

Don't let other peoples words dictate what board you buy, because no two riders are the same. Your best bet is to hit up a Bataleon demo day in your area and try out as many different boards and the different flavors of TBT to see which one best suits your riding style.

Just my two cents.... let the flame war start.
Quoted for truth.

I have a Bataleon Whatever, because of Nivek's impressions of it, and it delivers. The board is fun and as fuck and does everything he says it does.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote