Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Vancouver 12-13 Season

66K views 664 replies 46 participants last post by  destroy 
#1 ·
Might as well start dreaming early.

It's June 23rd and this summer is shit. Let's skip this wimpy summer and give us back the winter. :laugh:

Booya!

#288 ·
Damn.. I am going to have to get up there one of these days, it looks awesome. Hemlock always gets put on the back burner for some reason, in my group.

Now if only my truck didn't suck so much, so I could get there, I have heard that road gets a bit brutal in the winter.

#293 ·
Hey guys.

Just popping in to introduce myself! First post, new to snowboarding. Lifelong resident here, wish I'd taken it up many years ago. Way stoked on riding already and get out as much as I can. I mostly get out to Cypress but I'm sure I'll hit the other locals as well. Don't really know anyone else who rides so always drive up alone. I'd be stoked to meet some new people. It's refreshing how much friendlier people are on the mountain than out on the streets in day to day dealings.

everest - put some proper winter tires on that thing! I drive a big heavy (4000 lbs) old rwd Benz with an open diff. Last year was the first time I put winters on anything I've ever driven and I wouldn't go without on anything from now on. Throw some weight in the back but not too much. It's not always the starting and getting moving that you should be concerned about, but stopping and keeping it from going and squirrely and getting too messy when things start to go south on ya!

Anyway, headed up to Prince George tomorrow morning for a few days for work before the holidays. Hoping to hit Powder King on the weekend!

#301 ·
oh fuck you hemlock

To all our valued guests,
It would seem the the impossible has happened... TOO MUCH SNOW!!
Since Sunday evening Hemlock has received over 6 ft of snow and has caused multiple tree and power lines to come down and cover Hemlock Valley Road.
As of 6:30pm tonight BC Hydro has still not been able to gain access to the problem areas because of the low hanging lines and has not been able to give us an accurate time for re-gererizing the lines. The road is closed in both directions as the repair continues.
Given the area of the downed power lines and Emil Anderson cannot clear the road of the multiple downed trees until BC Hydro resolves the power line issues, this has resulted in the upper portion of Hemlock Valley Rd unserviceable at this current point.

Hemlock Resort feels with utmost certainty that due to the circumstances and extreme avalanche conditions we will not be able to comfortably service our guests tomorrow as planned and will have to close for Thursday Dec.20th.

Ending on a positive note we will be open Friday at 9am to what ever capacity is safe for everyone. The snow is amazing and the longterm forecast is calling for a cold wonderful Christmas.

Thank you for your understanding,

#314 ·
Have you ever seen it like this!!!!

New Snow - Mid Mtn. (7 days): 251 cm

Fuckin' insane, over 8 feet this past week.

I wanted to get up there today but couldn't make it.

Going to try again tomorrow.

TT

Attachments

#330 · (Edited)
What do people use to edit footage? I've got a 4 year old Macbook which can't really handle much more then Imovie which I find pretty basic, not that I have played around with it much.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to embed videos :dunno:

Little clip from the other day, YouTube has fucked with some of the footage there's a lot more exposure in places and like zooms in and out in places compared to the file I have exported on my computer, so sorry about that

1:43 shows how deep it was in places :)

Whistler Powder Day - YouTube

#336 ·
Was at Seymour today from 9am until 2pm. Left at 2 because A) it started to fog up, and B) couldn't stand up any more. :D

All I can say is.. WOW! Definitely more snow there now than any time last season. Chucks is not quite all open, but the section that's still roped off is small and honestly I think they're just being cautious because there's a big creek under there. It looked good enough to ride on.

It also snowed for most of the day, so the stuff is getting replaced as fast as it's getting tracked. And it either wasn't very busy or the new chair relieves the congestion to the point where it just doesn't feel crowded.

Great day. I could def stand more of that.

#337 ·
Was @ Cypress last couple days, both days left my house & could see the mtn's gleaming in the sunlight. By the time I got up there, fuckin' blizzard with no visibility.
Oh well, as long as it keeps dumpin', I'm cool with that:thumbsup:

Since I snapped my Slackcountry & my Banana now has a broken edge on each side @ either end.
I've been forced to use the Palmer 164, this thing just isn't made for deep heavy chopped up snow:thumbsdown:
For 1 it only has a set of 3 inserts @ either end, so you get 2 options where you can put your bindings. Even all the way back kinda sucks in the pow.

2ndly, this thing is really narrow for as 164.
On a normal board I'd be able to use the holes in the disks to get a little farther back on the board, but because it's so narrow, I have to use them to center the binding on the board:thumbsdown:

It took me almost all day on Fri to get my Frankensteined Burton CO2's to fit properly. All day & I still couldn't get them the way I wanted.
After a whole wasted day, I switched em out with a pair of cheap Hammer bindings(probably worth $40) Much better, could actually ride the thing.

TT

#339 ·
I have a buddy who has a Brand new 2011 Never Summer Revolver 159 with the White top sheet.

He also has a brand new 2011 Never Summer Evo 153 with the Black top sheet.

He wants $275 a piece. I don't think they will last too long @ that price, so get a hold of me quick if you want one.

They both have the same graphics, the Evo is black the Revolver is white.

TT

Attachments

#341 ·
AW YEAH, just got back from pickin' up my brand spankin' new Never Summer Heritage 156!!

Fuck ya, bring on the pow, I'm fuckin' stoked to say the least.

I know for a fact, this board isn't made out of Papier-mâché.
But, since my luck has been suckin' donkey balls lately, I'm gonna try even harder not to fuck this one up:eek:k:

You guys should be grabbin' up those other 2, you can't even find a used one for under $400 around here.

#342 ·
Anyone here seen some Salomon f3.0 boots anywhere? I was up at whistler today and Comor, showcase AND salomon didn't carry the F series boots... Is that a us model only...? Is it next year's models...? I really need to replace my packed out and heel-liftin' nikes...

#345 ·
Whats up west coast-ers?

Heading out to REv and KH mid Jan and hoping powder continues to keep coming :)

Pretty random question...but I just picked up a brand new 154 NS Proto. I have no need for it...but the price was too good to pass up. Currently I have that and an Arbor Westmark 153...im torn on what board I should bring out west... :dunno:

#346 ·
Bring both and leave the Proto with me! I think either will be fine, though neither are all mountain boards by the looks of it. I assume if you are coming out west you won't be in the park much. If I was going to pick I would take the stiffer of the two to tackle the steeper and deeper out here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.