Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Shipping charges blow a**!

10K views 58 replies 19 participants last post by  hpin 
#1 ·
Quick question, what is the charge beside my shipping cost. Wired is sending it trough usps. I need to know if they are going to hit me with a 100 bill for duty and brokerage. Im from alberta and the package will be 650$.

#55 ·
Just buy the board local... Forget the bindings for now, just swap out your existing ones on powder days...there...deal done, quit talking about it.

I just want to get on to your next thread a couple weeks from now about how much you hate the Camel Toe and don't like TBT and should have bought something else..blah..blah... Anyone want to buy my BG and CT?...blah..blah..etc..etc... Repeat forever.

#59 ·
This thread is retarded. are you complaining about shipping charges or tax and duties?

the max you'll pay shipping through USPS to Alberta is 5% gst plus 7% duty for sports equiptment, so 12%.

If you are looking to avoid paying tax and duty then that's another topic.

UPS charges you the same tax+duty plus brokering fee, which translate to we'll pay for your tax at the border but we'll charge you $50 for the trouble. To avoid that fee you can create a UPS account and inform them of your shipment before it crosses the border so that they can charge your account.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.