Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

What are the best and worst snowboard brands?

48K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  nabber 
#1 · (Edited)
In terms of reputation?
Good Reputation, Overall Product Quality:
Bad reputation, Cheap Quality:

And/or which brand is your personal favorite/least favorite?

#7 ·
as with anything most brands have high end gear and low end gear. low end gear is low end gear and is usually pretty crappy. you get what you pay for and alot of the time the brand name doesnt offer a huge difference in quality (some exceptions)

i tend to like different brands for different items:
for bindings ill never buy anything other then rides again. ive tried alot of different bindings and rides were the only ones that had the right feel (comfortable/stiff with great response). plus there made with high grade aluminum and are almost indestructible.

for boots im going to try salomon this year (ive herd alot of good things about there boots and they are super comfortable for my foot)

i had a burton board that lasted me a few seasons that i really liked, however i switched to a salomon powder snake this year as i got a great deal on it and i dont really like to ride much other then powder.

for outerwear im pretty flexible, i usually go with something that has a good fabric and good water proofing/breathability.

your best bet is to find gear that suits your needs then look up reviews online to fine tune your selection. any good snowboard store will be able to help you choose quality gear.

#15 · (Edited)
You sir are correct. I think every board I had was a different brand. I've had 8. Some brands I rode don't exist anymore lol

To answer OP. I've always heard Ride, Lib, Burton were good quality. I've had a Burton and liked it. I ride Burton boots and bindings usually. I've had and currently have Forum bindings as well. Ride/Preston bindings have always been good as well.

#10 ·
Like everyone said pretty much personal pref. I am partial to Burton boards, Burton boots and Union Bindings (Lifetime warranty on baseplate and heel cup. Plus union is a binding only company so it directs all its energies and resources towards just bindings resulting in some of the best bindings to ever see snow imho)

#16 ·
i currently ride burton board/bindings and just ordered a new burton set up
good quality in my exp, customer service/warranty good also
not going to lie i also like all of their marketing and such
even my burton outerwear seems to last longer than my other gear

i will keep buying burton until i get crappy product or service, unless another company just has something i cant live without

#20 ·
yeah, kemper used to be up there, but is now definitely among the worst. Don't know what happened to them/who bought them out, but my local sports store has one of their boards and it's, visually, the worst construction I've ever seen...looks like it was cut out, glued together and "finished" by a blind person.
Kemper's been out of business for quite some time now... :blink: I own a '95 Freestyle and some late 90's bindings with aluminium heelcups. :yahoo: VERY well built board back then.

#18 ·
yeah, kemper used to be up there, but is now definitely among the worst. Don't know what happened to them/who bought them out, but my local sports store has one of their boards and it's, visually, the worst construction I've ever seen...looks like it was cut out, glued together and "finished" by a blind person.

as far as boards I've actually owned, omatic was the worst. Even their top of the line "awesome" was cheap. The so called "sintered" base was really a really poor material that gouged easily and dried out after one day riding. The top sheet started delaming after a week of light groomer riding. It actually rode great, but even a 1 year warranty was really pushing it on those things

#22 ·
Best Snowboard Brand

I was recently trying to find the same information. Everyone says Burton is the best but I really think it is all up to what you believe and what you ride. So for me K2 and Ride are the best. I did find a nice site though that talks about a whole bunch of different brands. It was here. This helped me a lot I was doing a paper so it has a lot of keys facts. Hope it helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.