Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ever had an injury or crash that made you consider quitting?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #24 (permalink)
Magnum626
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Never though of quitting. Seperated both AC joints in the shoulders, dislocated elbow, hit a tree and got stiches in my face. I broke my fibula and dislocated my ankle last year mountain biking and missed last season.

Funny thing is, those snowboard injuries happened when I was progressing lol. The ankle, well it happened just from falling off the bike and stepping down. That's what pissed me off about it. Now I ended up gaining like 15 pounds since the injury. I gained 7 pounds of muscle trying to work out now.

I definitely avoid the 'last' run of the day. I just dont wanna risk it at the end of the day when my legs are shot. I dislocated my elbow up at Windham mountain and crashed into a tree at Hunter. No more last 'icy' run for me man...lol

I just wanna ride so bad now. So no quitting. Just trying to ride smarter, healthier and hopefully using some wisdom thrown in there with a little bit of luck.
Magnum626 is offline   Reply With Quote