Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I've always heard to stay away from big box chains but...
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 01:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Capita2JZGTE

Default I've always heard to stay away from big box chains but...

I was always told when I first started snowboarding to stay away from stores like sports authority and dicks because they carried shit brands like lamar and others of the like.
But I have to stay, after stepping into a local sports authority for the first time in probably 5 years I was pretty surprised to see some of the brands they carried.
I seen some Rides, Rome, some pretty pricey K2's, Burtons Capitas, and even a GNU. (mostly park and all mountain)
Even their bindings were mid to high priced rides, burtons, and even a set of flows.

I'm curious if this is a new thing? Or if it varies by region, because it sure would have helped to know instead of ordering shit online and never knowing how it would feel. Especially since my area only has a couple shops that dedicated to snow and skate, and most of the time they are extremely partial to one or two brands. The only other place that has this varied of a collection in my town is zumiez...
Capita2JZGTE is offline   Reply With Quote