Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - stupid question?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

[edit added] ...after re-reading your OP, I might have misunderstood what you wanted to do. R you looking to ski or snowboard? My boot comments only apply to SB boots! (Cuz I kno squat about ski equip! and only little more than that about snowboarding!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Only 20 inches around and they couldn't get it to fit? That's bullshit,..
I have to agree with BA, that sounds like BS! Measured my own calf & it's 18" and I'm not having any trouble finding boots that fit the calf,.. I can't imagine another 2" would be that difficult to accommodate? Of course I'm no expert at all, but BA is!!! I think maybe you just got a couple of lazy D%#K heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
...Also props on losing that much weight I know how tough that is dropped from 280 to 165.
Yup!! Way to go Jennifer,.. In 2009, I lost 120 lb. Went from 315 to 195! (...although some days snowboarding, I miss that extra padding on my backside!!!) Kudos to U2, BA!!!

I developed an arthritic condition that was being treated with steroids & I went from my usual tubby 270-280 to a whopping 315 without eating a single extra donut or pizza pie!!

heres the proof:
CHOOSE FAT or THIN-1.jpg

Discovered snowboarding in 2011 and have been seriously hooked since!!
Don't give up, find someone who will help you to get into the right boots & gear,.. don't let anyone discourage you!! First time you get a decent slide down that hill,.. you will be SO STOKED!!!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!

Last edited by chomps1211; 12-19-2012 at 07:49 AM.
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote