Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stripped screws on heel hoop, Rome warranty thinks I'm retarded
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
LyGuy

Default Stripped screws on heel hoop, Rome warranty thinks I'm retarded

So I tried adjusting the size of my brand new 390boss binding, and the screw on the heel hoop became semi-stripped, on both sides. I was very careful in trying to unscrew it, but it wouldn't budge.

I then emailed Rome customer service because I didn't want to damage them further until I had a solution, and the response I got?

'Try to use a screwdriver'

Being reasonable, I told them I did use a screw driver, stripping the screw in the process, I even showed them a picture as seen here. They replied AGAIN by saying use a 'number 3 screwdriver' or drill the screw out.

Do they think I tried using my pinky finger to unscrew the screw?

Anyway I don't want to take a drill to my new bindings, especially on the part that's holding my heel cup together. Tried using WD40, wouldn't budge. What other options do I have?

PS This is only for one binding, I managed to unscrew the other one fine. However, I had a similar screw-stripping experience with another set of 390Boss before.

/semi-rant
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (55.6 KB, 210 views)
LyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote