Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Trip Recommendation (28-31st)
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile View Post
Hey guys,

Complete beginner rider. Probably hit the mountain about a dozen times in the last 15 years. I can get down the hill without killing myself.

I live in Northern NJ and I'm willing to travel ~7 hours max for this trip. I've been looking at Jay Peak, Mont Tremblant, Killington, etc...

Does anyone have a recommendation on somewhere to go that may not be disgustingly mobbed and would have a decent number of trails and preferably the terrain park open? I guess conditions can change pretty drastically within a week...but it sounds like most places are partially open...

Do all terrain parks generally have beginner boxes? No gap, ride-on, and wide?

Thanks,
exile
I had a quick look at the Tremblant website today and they seem to be about 50% to 2/3 open. As with most places you will not be as impacted by this if you are a beginner; the steeper slopes need more snow thus open later.

I went to Tremblant a couple years ago between Xmas and New Year's and it was madness from a crowding perspective; I heard they do half their revenue over Xmas week and it sure felt like it, the lifts were super lined up.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote