Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First day with a Never Summer Evo... stiff?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
canbc

So I've put around 8 days on the Evo now. I figure I should give an update because my opinion of this board has changed for the better.

The more I ride the Evo, the more I'm loving it. I didn't like how the board flexed at first but now I'm getting a good feel for it. This is my first RC board and it took me longer than I expected. It feels like the flex comes from the middle of the board rather than the tips which I think was opposite from my last board. Now that I'm more used to it I'm getting some really nice pop and it feels flexy and fun.

The base is really fast and tough. I've run over plenty of early season rocks and the base just has minor scratches on it. The top sheet still looks almost new. There's an unfinished white ring around the edge of the top sheet that hides all the little dings you get from waiting in the lift lines. That's just minor cosmetics but it's a nice touch.

The board is forgiving. The edges don't feel catchy on boxes or bad landings and I've put plenty of ugly landings on it.

It feels stable and the edge hold is good. I feel really confident controlling it and setting up with it. Hard to explain but going edge-to-edge feels so nice, smooth and easy. It's nimble and easy to control.

In powder, this is a short board and I burn up my back leg. It's not exactly awesome at powering through tracked out powder either. Just have to work harder and pick out a good line. Overall though, I think it performs better than I expected for a board I bought mainly for park use.

So yea, I'm stoked on this board now. It's going to be a lot of fun to progress my freestyle skills with it. I'd like to try a Lib-tech or GNU for my next board but I'm sipping on the NS kool-aid right now.
canbc is offline   Reply With Quote